Go Auto’s Go for Grey Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”)
SPONSOR: Contest sponsored and administered by Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd. o/a Go Auto, 10220 – 184 street Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to be entered into the contest. An entrant may create an entry via information submission.
2. ENTRY PERIODS: The Go for Grey (the “Contest”) commences on April 6th 2018 at 19:00:00 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on November 4th, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Entry Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Alberta residents, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and (i) their immediate family members and (ii) those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Go Auto (the “Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, dealers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). In these Rules an “immediate family member” includes a spouse (including a common law spouse), father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister, irrespective of whether they reside.
4. HOW TO ENTER: An eligible entry (each “Entry”) will be considered submitted when an eligible entrant submits an online form at Gonissan.ca/esks with all information requested within the form (ie, name, phone number, email, year, make, model of current vehicle), subject to compliance with these rules including, without limitation, the entry limits, and such entry is received by the sponsor within the entry period.
5. ENTRY LIMIT: One entry per person per information submission Period. If it is discovered by the sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one entry during the entry period; and/or (ii) use multiple names and/or identities to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The released parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or incompatible entries (all of which are void).
6. VERIFICATION: All purported entries and/or eligible entrants are subject to the Sponsor’s verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification and loan information from the entrant’s lender): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry, Eligible Loan and/or entrant for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s clock.
7. THE PRIZES: There will be a maximum of one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won. In the event of a confirmed winner who has submitted his or her complete entry form the applicable prize consists of 2 tickets to the 2017 Grey Cup final in Ottawa, 2 flights to Ottawa, 2 signed Eskimo’s Jerseys and 1 hotel room for 3 days during the Grey Cup in Ottawa. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
8. WINNER SELECTION (ONE WIN IN NOVEMBER) AND ODDS OF WINNING: On November 5th, 2017 (the “Draw Date”), in Edmonton, AB at approximately 10:00am MT, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw (the “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries submitted during the applicable Information Submission Period in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor. Entries that are not selected will not be included in any subsequent Draw. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Information Submission Period in accordance with these Rules.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On the Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact the entrant selected on the applicable Draw Date by telephone (using the information provided at the time of entry) within the 24 hours immediately following the applicable Draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted as indicated above; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the applicable Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
10. WINNER CONFIRMATION: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within forty-eight (48) hours of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to have his/her photo and/or video taken with, if applicable, the Eligible Vehicle that corresponds to the applicable Prize (each a “Photo and Video”) on a date and time and at a location specified by the Sponsor (in consultation with the selected entrant); (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, the municipality in which he/she resides, voice, statements about the Contest and/or Photo and Video or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity, promotion or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, television broadcast or the internet; and (vi) verifies his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor.
If a selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (e) fails to verify his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the applicable Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any entry, eligible loan information or any other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including weather, mail delivery disruption or unavailability, telephone or internet service disruption or unavailability, strikes, lockouts, or any labor dispute. Each confirmed prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes, if applicable, relating to the receipt of a Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, failure or any other cause that interferes with the proper conduct or administration of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is required to preserve the integrity of the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
Without limiting the permissions to be granted to the Sponsor pursuant to paragraph 10 of these Rules, by entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right and, otherwise, without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying any entrant and/or entry in compliance with these rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these rules, or for any other reason whatsoever.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including, but not limited, to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. RIGHT TO DECIDE, AMEND, CANCEL, SUSPEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the contest, or to amend these Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason whatsoever, the sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest. The decisions of the sponsor with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries and/or entrants.