NissanConnect℠ is the premier infotainment system on the market, connecting to your smartphone and providing audio, navigation, communication and more, for a safer, distraction-free drive. By connecting your phone to your dashboard display, and utilizing voice-activated and hands-free Bluetooth® technology, you’ll have access to all you need. Combine that with the amazing capability all of our Nissan vehicles offer, and there’s nowhere you can’t go. Learn more about NissanConnect℠, like what apps are available and how to activate it, from the team at Edmonton’s Go Nissan.
How do you activate NissanConnect℠?
Connecting your Nissan’s NissanConnect℠ system couldn’t be easier! First, you’ll need to create a NissanConnect℠ account on Nissan’s website, which you can do here. From there, you can follow these easy instructions (or just watch this video):
- Make sure your vehicle is in park
- Download the NissanConnect℠ app on your smartphone
- Turn on your smartphone’s Bluetooth® settings
- Press the Menu button on your vehicle’s infotainment screen, followed by the Settings button
- Ensure you’re on the Bluetooth® tab, then press Add New to begin pairing your phone
- Find your Nissan’s Bluetooth® connection, and select it from the list of options
- It may take a few moments, but the pairing process will be complete and you can now use your NissanConnect℠ system
If you’re having any issues connecting to your Nissan, it might be due to your phone’s operating system. Just delete your phone from the list of paired Bluetooth® devices (you can pair up to 6!), then pair your phone again via the instructions above.
What apps are available on NissanConnect℠?
NissanConnect℠ helps you stay safer on the road—just not at the expense of staying connected to the world around you. After activating your NissanConnect℠, you’ll have access to a number of great apps while driving, though some functions may be limited to keep you from being distracted. Available on Apple or Android, through Apple CarPlay™ or Android Auto™, you can access a number of great apps such as:
- Online Search with Google™
- POIs (Points of Interest) by Google®
- and Google® Send-to-Car
Of course, this is all in addition to the pre-packaged features that come with NissanConnect℠, such as:
- Built-In Navigation System (only available on NissanConnect℠ with Navigation packages)
- Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
- Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant
- Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
- Voice Recognition
- USB Connection Port
As you can see, there is very little you won’t be able to do in your Nissan, thanks to the innovative NissanConnect℠ system!
What does a NissanConnect℠ subscription cost?
While many manufacturers only offer a short subscription to their infotainment services, with a monthly cost buried in the fine print, Nissan provides an incredible three year trial to the NissanConnect℠ multimedia system! That means you’ll have easy access to an assortment of apps and entertainment on the road, all while staying safe. After your 36-month trial ends, you’ll have the ability to subscribe to a variety of NissanConnect℠ packages if you choose—though we feel confident you’ll be hooked on this amazing and intuitive infotainment system.
To learn more about NissanConnect℠ and the convenience it offers, or any of our well-priced and well-connected vehicles, just give us a call. Or, come visit us at one of our three Edmonton dealerships: Go Nissan North, Go Nissan South, or downtown’s Ericksen Nissan.